Tuesday, November 14, 2006

I believe in good fortune and destiny




Remember a few posts ago when I asked the blog gods to make the semester end and to put lots of money in my checking account? While they didn't answer the part about making the semester end faster (only time can do that), I did get a rather definitive response on the money front:



In the mail today were two envelopes, one with a $5 Shell gas gift card, one with a financial aid letter telling me I have been awarded the FUCKING HOPE SCHOLARSHIP for this school year. For those of you who are not familiar with Hope, this means that my tuition and fees are paid for. And I don't have to pay it back. Ever. Cause it's a goddamn scholarship, yo. This also means that the private loan I took out on top of my regular Staffords is no longer needed; the funds have been returned to the lender and I won't have to worry about accruing crazy interest while I finish up school. Hott damn! (*does a little happy squirm and giggle*)



Special thanks to Patrick for encouraging me to apply for Hope even though I thought I didn't qualify. You rule!
###

1 comment:

femmusic said...

Congrats! If only I could find that kind of fortune for Heather and her school bills for next semester... We're working on bursaries but it doesn't look good--time to think outside the box! Yay money for school!!!