Sunday, August 05, 2007

Not in Atlanta



Well, here I am, typing this in México. My dad and I arrived about 10:00pm local time (one hour behind Atlanta) Thursday, but unfortunately our bags did not. Supposedly our bags are being delivered to us today, but we aren´t holding our breathe.



So far I´ve eaten lots of meals based around corn tortillas (the corn tortilla is to México what rice is to East Asia), purchased some toiletries and clothes to tide me over until our bags arrive, seen lots of sights, had a Spanish lesson (1 1/2 hours with a private tutor is 50 pesos, or $5), and learned lots of new Spanish vocabulary. I´ve also slept in the past three days, which is fabulous.



We're going to take several day trips out into the country, so hopefully I'll have lots of tales of excitement and adventure once we do.



Also, it is a little tricky typing on this Spanish-language keyboard. Many of the keys are in different places, which slows me down quite a bit.



¡Hasta luego!
###

No comments: