Sunday, July 29, 2007

I feel like I should type something...



...but I don't feel like I have much to say, although a lot has been going on. Family is driving me crazy, as usual; work is good; friends are generally just this side of stable and balanced, which is always appreciated; and the love life is non-existent. That's my life in summary, which doesn't begin to reflect all the internal thoughts and whatnot that have been swirling around.



Oh, here's something completely inconsequential: AMC's new original series Mad Men is fantastic, and you should totally watch it. It was conceived by a guy who used to write for The Sopranos. It's fantastically written, and I love the insane attention to period detail. Also, when the first episode aired they spliced little ad trivia bits in amongst all the commercials
(Example: "Carnival Cruise lines was the first cruise line to advertise on television" CUT TO actual ad for Carnival Cruise) and trivia-crazed mad woman that I am, it was enough to make me sit and watch during the commercial breaks.



It was absolutly ingenious! They got me, Ms. Media Savvy herself, to sit and watch commercials willingly. I have to give mad props to the crafty marketer who came up with that one.
###

No comments: