Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Update! Life: Not in shambles



I got a financial aid award notice yesterday that changes everything. For the better. I couldn't believe it. This means...all sorts of wonderful things. Money really does change everything.



I was so happy and elated that, after calling my dad to scream the good news into his ear, I walked to the park and pumped myself up as high as I could go on the swing set. Swinging is one of those childhood activities that I miss doing on a daily basis. As a kid, I would swing nearly every day at recess, but as an adult, I only get to swing on occassion. (Please, do not ruin the innocence of this bittersweet reflection on childhood by snickering at the word "swing." Try to maintain some adult-like dignity.)



If you haven't spent much time on a swing lately, I highly recommend it. The shivery rush lies in the shake of the swingset from weighing too much and swinging too high, knowing that at any moment the chains could snap and you could fall, landing at an angle awful enough, and with a force strong enough, to snap your neck.
###



No comments: