Sunday, July 22, 2007

Anti up





As most of you know, I've given up on dating in this city. Months ago, I adopted a policy of not even trying, secure in the knowledge that in the new year (that would be 2008, in case you're slow on the uptake) I'll be in a new city with a new set of weirdos and losers for me to go out with. As my countdown of months till I kiss the ATL goodbye grows closer to zero, I've begun to feel some curiousity about my future city. I've begun to price apartments, and the prices are high enough to almost make me want to stay in my reasonably priced hometown. (Please note that I said almost.) Naturally, looking at real estate makes my thoughts wander to men, and so I've decided it's alright if I go ahead and browse the singles' market, just to catch a glimpse of what I'm in for.





There seem to be a lot of well-educated men who read literature and keep up with current events in my future city, which is a promising sign. However, I was slightly thrown by the man who listed his occupation as "anti-civil rights lawyer." Say what? I don't know for whom he could possibly work these days, now that Strom Thurmond is dead, but he seems to be making a living somehow.
###










1 comment:

femmusic said...

Where are you moving to again? I seem to be out of the casetheplace-loop and you keep alluding to this fantabulous new city...