Friday, June 30, 2006

I had a bad day




Yeah, Tuesday was good, but Wednesday went bad fast. Thursday things got better, and then at class that night I told my students July 6 would be my last day teaching and they got very, very upset.



"Teacher, no! You are the best teacher, Teacher, the very best teacher. You no stop teaching! We need you teacher!"



I explained to them as best I could that I would be traveling quite a bit for the rest of the summer, so I wouldn't be in Atlanta to teach them. I also let them know that I would be at the graduation celebration at the end of August.



Then the trio of little old ladies in the front row pulled out the big guns.



"Teacher, we love you."



My eyes got a little watery and I said, "I love you, too. I love you all."



"Teacher, we love you, such a good teacher, we love you, we love you."



I felt a lot better after that.












1 comment:

femmusic said...

travelling?! Is this what you meant by 'check your e-mail'??? Super excited now!!!