Sunday, June 11, 2006

It was a good day...and yes, I deserved it




The only thing that sucks about me having learned to manage my depression is that stress and emotional upheaval and general shittines now manifests itself in panic attacks. I've had two in the past seven days. Very not cool. However, I have a couple tight friends who have really been there for me when I've called in the throes of hyperventilating. And I feel the need to thank them publicly. THANK YOU I LOVE YOU YOU ROCK SO MUCH OH MY GOD I COULD NEVER DO IT WITHOUT YOU.



Today was fucking awesome. I picked up the key to my new place this morning and shmoozed with the new roomies, came home and cooked myself a wonderful breakfast (chopped onions sauteed in butter are a wonderful addition to scrambled eggs, FYI), picked up Rachael, Queen of the Sopo Bicycle Co-op (www.sopobikes.org), stopped by Kroger for chips and salsa, and went to Ori's for mojitos by the pool. Everyone got a tan (except Rachael got a little bit of a burn, because she refused sunblock in any shape, form, or fashion) and tranquilly trashed. After dropping Rachael off, I went and saw my friend Christin's new loft. We drank beer and bitched about men and smoked cigarettes on the rooftop deck. It made me miss living in the old loft, despite the fact that it was completely uninsulated and the management sucked. But I do believe everyone should live in a true, historic loft at some point in their life.




I'm in high spirits, and I've got a fabulous week ahead of me. I've got some projects in the works that just might pan out...into something even more fabulous. I hope.

***

1 comment:

femmusic said...

Does that mean I have to get a change of address for you again??? Oh well, guess I should be used to it by now... And from me, who's always changing addresses...