Thursday, July 06, 2006

Good morning




I'm a morning person. So's Rachael. Every so often I'll get a call at 8 on a Sunday morning from her, and inevitably I'm already up, drinking coffee and reading, or cleaning the kitchen, or something equally mundane and domestic. I answer, and usually she has a juicy bit of gossip or a personal rant or she just wants to get together later or what have you. I love that she's not afraid to call me early on the weekend. My philosophy, when it comes to calling people, is if I'm up, damnit, you should be up too. And since I often get up at 6 or 7am just because, this can sometimes make people mad.



All that to say don't be surprised if I call you at a ridiculously sunrise-like time.




On a related note, all these really successful people I wish to emulate in one respect or another seem to be like me, early risers who often go to bed late, too. I don't know what it is...life is just so damn exciting...I only want to sleep sleep sleep when I'm not happy for one reason or another. Not needing a lot of sleep is a good sign for me, a sign that I'm doing things that make me happy and are good for the soul.




One of my students gave me a note tonight after class that said "I love you." It was totally cute and middle school, except that he's probably 35, and I know one of his friend's ribbed him into doing it. I blushed and gave him a hug and he smelled nice.



Since it was my last night, one of my little old lady students gave me a bag full of nicely scented Bath & Body Works products. Too sweet. I'm going to miss these people so much. So much! They really make me believe in the inherent good in humanity...sometimes it is too easy to forget.



Ok, off to bed for me since I have to be up and at em at 6 tomorrow...
***

No comments: