Monday, July 10, 2006

Someone needs to write another ubiquitous vacation song so I don't always have to title these kinds of posts 'Vacation, all I ever wanted'



I am all cleared for my request to take over two weeks off in August. My boss lady thinks getting to go to Alaska is a "great opportunity." She approves of things like grandparents having 50th wedding anniversaries and seeing old pen pals in Toronto. So the whole vacation thing was a very soft sell.



Now if that student loan check ever clears, I can buy a damn airline ticket...



We also talked about me staying on as an intern for the fall, and that is all settled as well. I have a job and somewhere to live for fall semester. Life isn't so bad.



I've let my nails grow out, and they are very pretty and make a satisfying tap on bar counters and other like surfaces.



Last night at dinner, I told Rachael that secretly I really want someone who wants to do things like buy a house and have babies.



"I want to nest," I said.



Rachael stared at me with a little disbelief, and I felt a little defensive. But then the disbelief faded and she said, "That's ok. You can nest and have babies. I'll come visit your nest. I'll bring you worms."
***








2 comments:

femmusic said...

Yay! Everything is shaping up nicely.

Ryan Remains said...

the shangri las have a great vacation song. ok, so it's more of a running away to get married and ending up dead in a car crash and won't their parents feel awful now that they didn't let their teenage kids get married song, but if you squint your ears a bit, i think it works.