Sunday, April 13, 2008

Things My Friends Say: Really, really (really!) gay edition

"You know, my day would have a whole lot less meaning if I wasn't your pet."
- Mitz, commenting on my ability to make him accompany me to various office locales (coffee machine, copier, basement) with just an arched eyebrow and a head toss.

"It just doesn't tend to end well with people who are white."
- Jay-ber, explaining why he doesn't date people of his own ethnicity.

"I would expect nothing less from casetheplace and a gay man."
- Out-of-town guest, regarding some long since forgotten anecdote.

"Is it a penis...oh, no, it's a bunny."
- (This one is actually a casetheplace said, when handed an Easter-themed lollipop by the Religion & Faith program intern.)

"I'm working for a big ol' gay organization and I don't know who the biggest homos are."
- Jay-ber, on why he needed to spend time studying Out magazine's Power 50 list.

"Casetheplace is like Google for Georgia - no, the whole South!"
- Jay-ber (again, I know! This kid is full of it - er, I mean, them, full of them), after I once again had to explain some Atlanta-ism or Southern-ism none of the Northerners and Midwesterners understood.
# # #






No comments: