Tuesday, April 25, 2006

Anyone who hates Holden Caulfield is ok by me


I have got to get out of customer service. I spent nine hours today answering the telephone and I nearly had a nervous breakdown. I have too artistic a temperament (that means I'm neurotice as hell) to deal with the general public day in and day out. They all ask the same things over and over again and I end up feeling like the substitute teacher whom none of the students will listen to.

But anyway. No one wants to hear about a bad day at work. Any fool can write about that.

I have a birthday coming up, one where I will become 23. I'm glad, because 22 never felt right for me. I never really felt 22. 21, yes, 22, not so much. 23 feels like it's going to be a good fit...

[CSY]








1 comment:

Ryan Remains said...

I hate Holden sometimes.

I usually hate Salinger, but keep reading Nine Stories every year.

I hate to fly, too.