Monday, August 14, 2006

Post 56: In which our heroine aches all over



It's my own damn fault, really. Trying to cram three exhaustive trips into the span of two weeks and all. But it's been so exhilirating!



My dad and I are still in Michiana (the area where Michigan and Indiana meet) where we've been since Thursday. We leave in a few hours for Trip 3: O! O! Toronto! and my reunification with the Awesomest Pen Pal and Oldest Continuous Friend of Our Heroine, Allison (aka Allie). I'm totally super excited.



This weekend in Michiana was psycho busy insane, what with Grandma scheduling waayyy too many things for us to do, my aunt cutting her foot open and having to get stitches, throwing the 50th Wedding Anniversary party Friday night, and throwing the Miller Family reunion Saturday afternoon. By 4 o'clock Saturday I bolted from family and responsibility and flagged down my cousins who were already out on the lake tubing. I stripped down to the little red bikini and soaked up some sun. Then my turn being pulled in the tube came.



Let's just say everything went well for a while, until Cousin Tom, frustrated in my amazing ability to hold on, took me over a really huge, rough wave, and away I flew. SMACK! I felt my face hit the water first, at completely the wrong angle. I surfaced, and my face stung like a mother. As the boat pulled back around, I heard my cousins shouting things like, "Dude, you totally flew on that one!" Then they saw me sort of bobbing pitifully and felt bad, and pulled me into the boat, even though I was perfectly capable of climbing back in.



"Does it hurt?" They asked, and as I looked up, a horrid gasp. "Oh my god, look at your face!!"



Thankfully all the photos had already been taken for this trip.



I will have so many pictures to post one I get back to the ATL.
###

No comments: