Tuesday, September 12, 2006

My last post was a little bitter.




I think I have the flu. I thought I'd "gotten better" over the weekend, but today, during my last class, I started feeling light-headed and nauseated. I thought about how embarrassing it would be, to be that kid in POLS 37-- who vomited in class. I'd forever be known as that kid who vomited in the middle of maybe-hott-but-also-kind-of-creepy Prof's lecture on the various paygrades and classifications of federal employees. Then they'd have to bring in the kitty litter to throw on the puke and I'd get sent to the principal's office so the secretary could call my dad to come pick me up and everyone else would get to go outside for an early recess.




Sorry, got a little retro-delusional for a moment. Back to the present.



Thankfully class ended early without me vomiting. I called Ori and told her I would not be working out today, and then suffered through an excrutiatingly pungent MARTA ride home. I try to be a good girl and support my mass transit and whatnot, but MARTA really does smell bad.



I felt really weak and gross and passed out for a couple of hours. Then I got up, ate some soup, and took my temperature. 101.1 degrees Farhenheit. Damnit.



I guess I'll have to call in sick to work tomorrow, which sucks since we were going to go have a "working lunch" at this marketing firms swank digs in Midtown. I was really looking forward to it, too. Sigh. Maybe I'll feel up to it in the AM...
###

1 comment:

femmusic said...

Sickiness is evil, but MARTA really is pretty raunchy. When I was on it, this guy faked collapsing and then when people tried to help him he yelled at them and told them all to fuck off. Charming, eh? Anyway, you take care of yourself--more important than a schwank lunch.