Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Fickle



I got my hair razor cut today by a brand-new hair girl, which is one of my greatest pleasures. And this chick! This chick was amazing with the straight razor. I felt completely safe as she pulled the skin back on my neck to run the blade as close as possible without drawing blood. I adore stylists who've trained in traditional barbershop methods. They know what's up with short hair.



The only reason I ended up seeing this new girl is because my old hair girl got into a bad accident and can't cut hair right now. I'd tried to reform my ways as a hair slut for her, but I have to admit I got a little thrill when I found out I'd have to try someone new at the salon. (Of course I wasn't happy to hear my old hair girl had been in an accident, but thankfully she's going to be ok.) After a few cuts with one stylist I feel I've exhausted their ingenuity and creativity in regards to my hair and am ready to move on to someone new. And yes, this is probably quite indicative of my fickle nature in general.



The crush on the hottie at work is also dampening down to a very small ember indeed. He's still a hottie, but all the things that irritate me are starting to come out. Plus, I turned in my resignation letter today, so I'm really beginning to check out from work and Atlanta and starting to get super excited about DC. I'll be able to walk to everywhere for my day-to-day school and internship and grocery shopping stuff, which makes me soooo happy you have no idea. (I love walking, in case you haven't been paying attention for the past year.) Plus, I will have one afternoon a week to do with as I please. I'm thinking lots of museums for the first couple of months, and then as the weather warms up lots of time outside canoodling with the hot new boyfriend I have yet to meet. Perfect.
###

2 comments:

marilyn c. cole said...

Do you know where you'll be living in DC yet? Rate its walk score with http://www.walkscore.com/ ! I've got 95, Bo's place is like 55, my parents' place in Savannah is a adeadly 35 (with SUVs everywhere) and I'm envious of certain West Villagers with a sterling 100. Jerks.

Prince Hamilton said...

Walking is good. When I visited Mexico I walked to school for the 28 days that I was there. For my payback I lost 10 Lbs out of my 174. GA seems constructed only for the rich and lazy too. Most places lack pavements of pedestrian walk paths. Like you if I had the means to walk to work i will do just that.