Sunday, November 04, 2007

It's November(!!)



It's November, y'all. Just four weeks of classes, a couple of finals and I'm packing up my stuff and getting ready to get out of here. For real. It's all hitting me at once and I'm nervous and excited and occasionally freaking out all at the same time.



CV and I had brunch and then spent all afternoon studying together, but not together. As in, we each studied for our respective classes. We both get more work done this way, and have someone to chat with during breaks. It's a little sad-making that I won't have her around in my day-to-day life much longer. Who else will stand beside me in the face of outlandish shenanigans? Who else will indulge with me in six-packs of Sweetwater and whatever beer was on sale on TV (Thursday) night? Who will join in my irritated mocking of the "traditional-aged" college students on campus (no, I do not think they will be any less annoying at this other, more prestigious university...just richer)? Can I realistically hope for someone half as willing to drunkenly charge the DJ booth and demand the Electric Six's "Gay Bar" in DC? Of course not; CV is the only person I know willing and able to do this (and more!). I will miss her soooo much come January.
###

No comments: