Tuesday, October 24, 2006

Long post about lots of things



I know I'm a handful, I know I'm difficult, but really, this girl can't help it. I'm basically a 5'4" bundle of nervous energy. Like, all the goddamn time. I'm always in a mad rush to DO THINGS and ACCOMPLISH THINGS and MOVE FORWARD.


Great example:This past weekend, which was basically two weeks worth of shit rolled into 3 1/2 days.



Thursday started out badly. I got back a paper I wrote for a class I hate and (dear god, this is so humiliating) I made a goddamn B+ on it. I know, I know, I'm a total brat for freaking out about this, and I didn't even put any time or effort into the thing because I have zero respect for the class or the professor, but this is the first time in my college career that I've ever made less than an 'A' on a paper. I was pretty pissed about that, and worried that it might be a bad omen for the speech I had to give in my next class. But I actually did really well and felt great giving the speech, so hopefully it was an 'A.'



After I got done with classes I met up with CV. We were going to go to a scotch tasting that evening, but when we arrived at the venue we discovered that the crowd was...not what we were hoping for. Dejected, we were walking back to CV's loft when we passed the Westin.



"Omigod, let's go up to the top and have drinks."



And so we did. That's right, we went to the top of the freakin' Westin in downtown Atlanta to have drinks in the Sundial Lounge on a Thursday night. We even ordered doofy frozen drinks in souvenir glasses. But the doofiest moment of all came when, after descending in the Great Glass Elevator 73 floors, we walk outside into the rain and I suddenly realize I've left my jacket. In the Sundial Lounge. 73 stories up.



We ended the night with our weekly viewing of The Office (did you see how Ryan downed that Jager bomb??) and Grey's Anatomy (uh...not the best episode ever, seeing how I can't even remember anything worth noting.)



Friday afternoon CV and I headed up to Helen, Georgia for the World's Longest Oktoberfest! We had a great hotel room, in that it was on the river, walking distance to the Festhalle, and not as expensive as every other room in town. We did meet a cool couple we ended up hanging out with for most of the evening, I ended up in the damn congo line while they were playing "Dixie" in my attempts to return to our table after going to the ladies room, and much beer was consumed. I think the highlight(?) of the evening was when I was knocked in the head by a commemorative beer stein on the dance floor. (I am so not making this up...I don't need to make things like this up. It is totally real. Ask CV.) Unfortunately, the Festhalle and town shut down just before midnight, so our "party all night!" attitude had to be readjusted to "Let's watch Along Came Polly in the hotel room until we fall asleep!"



Saturday there was much hangover moaning as we returned to the city. I went and saw Marie Antoinette that night, which was a total let down, just so you know.



Sunday there was a photo shoot in a train yard, dinner, and a hot tub.



And those are just the highlights of everything I did this past weekend. This post would be much, much longer if I included everything.
###




No comments: