Thursday, October 05, 2006


More weekend




My favorite moment occurred when, at one point, Patrick and I were sitting at the bar talking about the important things in life.



"But what really matters," I said, "is that my hair looks really good tonight."




"Well," replied Patrick, "you are in a gay bar."



I mean, that conversation works on so many levels. I'm pretty vain about my hair, so it works on that level. And having great hair in a gay bar...well, duh. But the best part is it works on that ironic level too, because while I do have great hair in a gay bar, I am a (mostly) straight woman in a gay bar. And by gay bar I mean 99% populated by gay men (don't get it twisted). So even though it totally rocks that I have great hair in a gay bar, where it totally matters, at a fundamental level it totally doesn't matter because I'm not about to attract anyone in that setting regardless of how my hair looks.



And speaking of my hair, I'm getting it cut and colored this Friday, so expect pics of the new do sometime next week.
###







No comments: