Sunday, February 04, 2007

Car-free 2007




My car is in the process of being sold. I left it at my grandparents' house this weekend, and so begins eleven months of car-free living in Atlanta.



My car is the first car I ever owned. I've had it for 2 years and 4 months. I'm selling it because I hardly ever drive it anymore, and I can't justify the insurance and maintenance costs for a vehicle that spends most of its time in the driveway. It's a little scary, being carless in Atlanta, but the city has changed a lot and become more non-car accessible than it was when I was kid. Still, Atlanta's mostly a car city, so it'll be interesting to see how the next eleven months go.



Other than that, same old, same old. Busy to the point of exhaustion, and loving (almost) every minute of it.
###

No comments: