Friday, February 16, 2007

A steady pace




This has been PARTY WEEK 2007. I have had to remind myself constantly that the race is not to the swift, but the strong---which basically means I have had to pace myself and not strain my endurance. So far I'm holding up pretty damn well. Multivitamins and lots of water are no doubt helping.




The singles party Wednesday night was small but fun. We had stayed up late Tuesday night getting everything ready while drinking Bitch wine and eating little French schoolboy cookies. On Wednesday, CV's loft glowed red from the candlelight, we unloaded way more jello shots than we expected to (but still had a bunch leftover!), and after everyone left there was the two of us dancing around her living room giggling. Good times, good times.



Last night I went with a carload of ATLiens to Athens to see The Wydelles at the 40 Watt. We had before-show drinks at The Manhattan, and after the Wydelles played Bonnie and I ran down for feta fries at The Grill. RT ate three sausages from the sausage man (though he claims only two of those are verifiable...) and SR was our very gracious chaffeur.



Tonight I go to the High with my dad.



Tomorrow morning it's back to Athens for the weekend.



Monday PARTY WEEK 2007 is officially over, and I can go back to normal life for a little bit.
###

No comments: