Friday, January 25, 2008

TGIF? I'm not sure



Well, it's my second Friday here, and I've survived another week. I started my internship on Tuesday, and so far so good. I exceeded my boss' expectations Thursday with my first writing assignment, which was awesome to hear. The other interns are friendly and outgoing, and I'm hoping to make friends with some of them soon.



It's the loneliness that's getting me most...I've never talked so much on the phone in my life. I've come to realize I'm a strange, odd person, and it takes a long time for me to get close to someone. And I was a lot closer to a lot more someones than I thought I was in Atlanta. And talking on the phone is so not the same. And though I've been surrounding myself with people as much as possible, there is no lonelier a feeling than feeling lonely in a crowd.



And I'm totally not into this cold weather at all.



I'm also tired of being on my best behavior. I've been nothing but nice and friendly and agreeable for 12 days now, and the facade is wearing thin. I desperately want to be bitchy and judgmental with someone who won't think me a bitch for being bitchy and judgmental. (No smart ass comments, please, I'm pouring my lonely
little emotional heart out here and I can't take it right now.) I talked with CV on the phone tonight for the better part of an hour, and it helped somewhat, but it also made me miss her a lot. I can tell her just about anything and she'll find it just as funny as I do. We like to laugh at life.



But! Aside from the loneliness, DC is pretty awesome. I've figured out the Metro and am learning the lay of the land bit by bit by bit. I'm also planning a weekend getaway to see MC in New York for an as-yet-to-be-determined weekend in February. And various other folks are planning to come up here in the next few months to see me. So that all makes me happy.
# # #

No comments: