Thursday, January 10, 2008

Please don't call me "Gen Y"



I don't write for weeks and what do I do - I start with an eye-rolling, scowling directive. Well, what else do you people expect from me? I mean, really.



I'm typing what may very well be my last post from ATL for a while, since tomorrow is the big M-Day (that would be 'M' for 'moving'). I'm doing it up early 20th century style and taking the train. Cheaper than flying, plus it feels more like a proper journey. I board a train, I roll north through progressively less Southern countryside all night long, I arrive at Union Station. I couldn't think of a better way to travel if I tried.



The trip to the Everglades was an adventure, and there are photos, which may or may not end up posted at some point.



The past few weeks have passed in a rapid blur, what with going out of town, the completely unexpected male entanglement that shall not be discussed further, and trying to get everything in order. Trying to fit the future four months into three suitcases is a rather daunting task, and I can't say I've completely succeeded, but I hear they have stores in DC, so I can always start fresh. I'm nervous and excited and in a constant state of shivering slightly in anxious anticipation of the destiny I've been planning to meet for the better part of two years. "Mr. Destiny, I presume?..." I'll let you know how the first meeting goes.
###



No comments: