Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Three day weekend recap



I shouldn't have worried about the three day weekend. I ended up with more than enough fun on my hands. Friday night I partied with a gaggle of kids from the program I'm in, many of them underage, and I'd forgotten how adorably tarded drunk underage kids can be. Saturday during the day I went shopping with the roommate, and then that evening I partied with a more age-appropriate crew. A fantastic time was had by all, I think. I certainly enjoyed myself. Sunday was spent more sedately, and Monday afternoon I did some volunteer neighborhood clean-up work. I watched the Democrats' debate, and about a half hour later I got a text that said, "Fresh baked cookies and Daily Show?" Of course I couldn't say no to that. As I walked out my door and rounded the corner to where EM & LG live (the girls who had sent the text) , I looked up at the blinking top of the Washington Monument and took in a deep breathe, impressed with the simple joy of that moment.
# # #

1 comment:

femmusic said...

How do you do it Case? I've lived here 9 months and we just met and had a sit-down with the neighbours across the hall! I'd love to be invited over to like-minded folks' for freshly baked cookies and the Daily Show... What is this program you're enrolled in anyway???