Wednesday, December 06, 2006

Diners, Internet Dating, Tapas, and More!




CV and I are turning completely into this horrible, horrible single-girl-in-the-city cliche...so far this week we've commisserated at the same diner not once, but twice in the past 5 days. We had the same server both mornings, and today she saw fit to offer us man advice (uh, were we really being that loud and revealing? Answer: Yes.) In addition, we have now both entered the "money-back guarantee" world of internet dating. We thought it'd be more fun if we had each other. Or something.




Yesterday I had $1 tapas and $2 domestic bottles with Ori. We flirted shamelessly with the (cute) (artist) waiter. He remembered us from when we used to go there weekly over the summer, when we were both out of school. Ori and I make a rather striking pair, so we get recognized quite a lot out on the scene. Throw her man J in the mix and we three transform into a trio of devilish, multi-racial, pan-sexual trouble.



Before eating yesterday, Ori took me by the house she and J are hoping to buy. I am very, very jealous that she has a boy who wants to buy real estate with her. This is really all I want out of life: some man who wants to buy real estate with me. For real.

###

No comments: