Sunday, December 17, 2006

In love again




It's true. I'm in love again. With my city. With Atlanta.




I could chalk it up to the gorgeous weather the past week (high of 70 almost everyday with blue, blue skies) or the fact that the semester just ended, or that I'm at a good "moving on" point from the divorce, or that I'm back on the dating market, or a million other things. In actuality, I think my reborn love begins where all those millions of reasons meet.



It feels great to love Atlanta again. I mean, where but this city could I have sat next to a former WWE Women's Champion at 1 in the morning while watching ridiculous puppet antics and having bras tossed at me? I mean, really. Can you think of another city where all of that is possible? I can't. And then later, at a house party at 3 am, watching drunk dipshits nearly blow their hands off with roman candles brought in from North Carolina, I had fabulous conversation about the history of this city, about the local NPR news announcer, about writing and promise and hope for the future. Where but here is that possible? I tell you, it feels good to be happy in the geography of where I am right now, right this instant. It feels good.
###

No comments: