Sunday, October 28, 2007

Friends and parties





When did I get 227 friends on facebook?? Who ARE these people? The thing is, I have actually met all of them in person. And 227 is really only a partial list. It kind of starts to boggle the mind, the thought of all the thousands (millions?) of people I've met in only 24 years.





Last night I went to Athens for a Halloween party. A few pictures were taken of costumed me at the beginning of the night, and once I have them I'll try to remember to post one or two here. I'm bad about photo posting, though, as you probably already know. I'm also bad about taking photos; it's not really something I do. My personal philosophy is if I have time to take photos I'm not using my time wisely enough to have the maximum possible fun. (Does that sentence even make any sense? No? Well, I'm blaming the hangover.)





I rode back to Atlanta with a girl I didn't really know, but who knows lots of the same people I know. While her boyfriend slept in the backseat, we talked about first marriages and boys who play games and self-esteem and depression and all those other things only two girls who hardly know one another can talk about in a car in the middle of the night. Many of my favorite conversations have occurred with virtual strangers, because neither of us has anything to lose by revealing all. We can say anything.





I made it into bed by 5, and woke up at 1:30 this afternoon. After showering and grabbing a cup of coffee, I met up with CV. I'd hardly seen her the past two weeks and was glad to finally have her all to myself again (yes, I totally got best-friend jealous when she and dude got together a few months ago, but as she says, she's "phasing him out," so my jealousy has waned.) We were supposed to be studying, but instead talked about the hottie coworkers we have mad crushes on and what's been happening in our lives. It was the perfect post-party afternoon.
###



No comments: