Wednesday, October 03, 2007

Passport photos



I keep thinking I'm going to go back and try to catch y'all up on my life, since I haven't been blogging regularly like a good little casetheplace, but then I get overwhelmed trying to think about where to begin.



So let's let the recent past remain a mystery.



I had new passport photos taken Monday. I thought I'd go to the place downtown rather than near my house since I could do it in between classes. I was pleased I'd made this decision when I saw the hipster hottie behind the counter. While I waited in line, I made up a whole little story in my head about how he was studying photography and played bass in a band and was a man of few words who saved all his self-expression for his art. I was glad I'd taken the time to comb my hair and reapply my lipstick.



The hipster hottie took my photo, but was unable to print it right away.



"Can you come back for it in a little while?" he asked.



"Yeah, I can come get it when I get out of class at 4:30."



"Oh, you go to school at..."



"Yeah."



"Me too."



I walked out of the store feeling warm and tingly, like I'd just had the best flirtation of my life (yes, things are that bad in my love life...shut up.).



When I came back a few hours later, there was no line, so I walked right up to the counter, right up to the hipster hottie.



"May I help you?" he asked politely, not a bit of recognition in his eyes.



Well. Guess who stopped being hot?



His hottness level plummeted to an even further low when he told me the photo he'd taken earlier had been accidentally erased and he would have to re-shoot.



My hair was, of course, uncombed at this point, and I was pissed that what was supposed to be a time-saving experience had turned into a time-wasting annoyance.



As a result, I revised my made-up story about the former hottie: His band had broken up, he took horrible photos with no focal point, and he didn't talk much because he had nothing going on upstairs.



I did manage, eventually, to get out of there with two correctly sized passport photos.
###