Sunday, March 30, 2008

Bounce wit me

Last night in Baltimore, HT pointed to me and said, "You can always tell ATL kids by the way that they bounce when they dance."

And yeah, I was bouncing. (To house music. At a rave. With glow sticks. I don't want to talk about it too much, but I will say apparently the universe has preserved a little bit of the late 90s rave scene in Baltimore. JNCOS, people! And the rhinestone bebe shirt every girl in my high school and every other high school in America sported when I was a freshman in 1997. And did I mention there were actual glowsticks??)

The DC kids with ATL connections loooove to talk about ATL when I'm around. "Remember that one time in ATL? Did you ever go to that club in ATL? Did you ever drink at that bar in ATL? Remember that party in ATL? Where did you live in ATL? ATL ATL ATL..." Which is kinda sweet and cute, all the ATL love, especially since I rep the A pretty hard up here (although I think I should be slapped, personally, the next time drunk casetheplace shouts and signs "Peace out! A-town down!" for no good reason, cause I do it waaaay too much, I'm not gonna lie...), but hey, look, I'm not in ATL anymore, and I don't plan to return anytime soon, and all that's for some very good reasons, and you're not in ATL these days either, so can we maybe not talk about ATL all the damn time? Thank you, 'preciate it.

But, um, while we're on the subject of ATL, here's some funny, funny, funniness. Especially if you've ever been a MARTA rider ("Isn't the Metro so much better than MARTA?" "SmarTrip's like a BREEZE card." "The buses here don't suck like MARTA buses." "I got hit by a MARTA bus once."). Oh, and in case you don't know what HT meant by bounce, there's some definite bounce in this:


# # #

No comments: