Tuesday, March 04, 2008

It was a good day



"The powerful person in any conversation is the best listener."

- Harry Knox



It was a good day today. Class was good, work was good. I attended an intern brown bag with the inspiring (and I don't say inspiring lightly...the man is inspiring) Harry Knox. Not only does he run HRC's Religion & Faith program, he's from south Georgia, and lives part of the time in Atlanta still. I haven't felt any homesickness since my first week or so here, but hearing him speak in his calm, South Georgia drawl...well, let's just say when he mentioned coming out to his Gran after she cornered him in his house in Decatur ("That's where you're from!" whispered my two bestest intern friends), I had to wipe my eyes more than a little bit. The man is an amazing, insightful speaker, and if you ever have the chance to hear him speak you absolutely should.



Speaking of religion and faith, I have plans for Easter this year. Last year I did absolutely nothing to mark the holiday, and the year before that was spent uncomfortably in Macon, Georgia with the ex and his family. This year I plan to attend Easter service at the National Cathedral, which will no doubt be majestically amazing. And a group of us are organizing a proper Easter dinner for the afternoon, with a ham and everything (I'm gonna make the mashed potatoes and sweet potato casserole). And we're gonna have an Easter egg hunt. So now I've got to find an Easter dress and hat...



I've been doing a lot of thinking about my spirituality lately. More on that later.
# # #

No comments: