Saturday, March 01, 2008

Age inappropriate



For those of you who have been following my story for some time now, it should come as no surprise that I have spent the past seven weeks feeling completely age inappropriate. It's a common theme for me; I seem to refuse to do anything according to the socially acceptable time line (see: college, marriage). This semester in Washington has been a time warp of sorts, and considering how horrible an experience my first time going away to college was, it was ripe with all sorts of potential to be completely awful. But who says you can't go back and that there are no second chances?? Going Away to College: The Do-over has proven once again that sometimes the sequel is way better than the original.



Here are a few reasons why The Do-over is clearly superior to the original:


1) I not only get along with my roommate, I consider her a true friend. This is very, very, very different from my freshman year roommates...the least said about all that the better (and I realize I was not exactly a very good roommate myself in those days, so blame falls on all sides for that).



2) I'm not dating a douchebag.


3) I'm not severely depressed. This is key to everything, I think. My attitude and approach to life is so much healthier and productive at this point in my life.


4) I'm not a teenager. Amen.




I am, however, having a rather age appropriate quarterlife crisis of sorts, trying to sort out my career options and where I want to live and what I want to do. But I'm getting good advice from many smart, successful people, and I know everything will work out exactly how it should, so I'm mostly keeping myself calm. Mostly.




And it's March already. I feel like being ill made me sleep away the end of February, and so March snuck up on me when I least expected it.
# # #


1 comment:

femmusic said...

Be glad you slept through February--it sucked! Bring on March and the Spring!!!