Tuesday, January 23, 2007

"Politics is like drugs, alcohol, and gambling: just another addiction."

Michael Goldman, political consultant







I'm an addict. O, the joys of watching the State of the Union address on C-SPAN, free of any commentary. I get a perverse pleasure in watching Pelosi's reactions: approving applause, grudging applause, standing ovation, stoney refusal to lift hands from lap. Her choice of cream colored blouse and sparkly mint green jacket was poor. It looks awful on camera, and doesn't give enough of a sense of power. Bush's light blue checked tie is a little too seersucker-suit-in-mid-June for my tastes, although I understand the use of light blue as a calming influence. Condelezza Rice is appropriately dressed--if she were going to a rich man's funeral. And Cheney, a purple tie? Seriously?







Tsk, tsk, doesn't anyone have a competent wardrobe consultant??







Hey look, it's the woman who created Baby Einstein! And her daughter in a horrible shiny button-down! And a man who either jumped over or under a New York subway train...I have no idea what's going on. This speech is devolving really fast.







Ok, I'm stopping now, so I can focus on enjoying my drug...


###






No comments: