Thursday, January 04, 2007

Post 113



I had a little free time at work today, and when Melissa and Bonnie's Rob weren't busy entertaining me with their various gmail chat messages (mutant clones, anyone?) I started making two lists: one reviewing 2006's accomplishments, the other outlining what I'd like to achieve in 2007.



So here they both are, for your entertainment pleasure.




***


In 2006 I:



-- lost 20 lbs.

-- took better care of my skin and hair.

-- rolled all my evil credit card debt into not-quite-as-evil student loan debt.

-- was single for the longest stretch of time since 1999. (This, I think, was the healthiest thing I did all year, healthier than the first three points combined. I hadn't realized I had always had a boyfriend or two around until suddenly I had no one.)

-- traveled again.

-- reconnected with old friends.

-- got lots of love and support from my bestest friends, especially over the summer when things were extra hard.



In 2007 I hope to:



-- lose 10 lbs, which would put me back at what I consider my "fighting weight."

-- stop smoking even the occasional cigarette.

-- travel internationally. (Brazil...)

-- figure out what I want to do come graduation in December and the dawn of 2008.

-- spend more time on my personal writing projects and stop being terrified and actually query, damnit.

###



1 comment:

ori dahlin said...

That's awesome woman. You really did well! Now you have to share your weight loss secret with me over champagne this weekend. Saturday night, perhaps?

Oh wait, maybe the champagne is the problem...