Sunday, April 22, 2007

"No one ever gets excited about a short weekend."

-CV, at brunch this morning




Yesterday I slept in soooo late and it felt soooo good. My allergies have really been awful this week; so bad, in fact, that I've only been able to put in my contacts a couple of times. (I prefer my contacts to my glasses, because I can see better with them, and also because I am slightly vain.)



Last night, CV and I met up with my friend Patrick, who was in town for a conference, for a drink, and then CV and I decided to go check out The Royal, which we've heard so much about but had not yet seen. The cab ride was very, very short, and we soon found ourselves standing outside The Royal. There was no line (a little surprising, considering it was Saturday night), although four guys and a cop were standing around the entrance (Standard Club Procedure---why have one or two guys standing around out front when you can have four or five guys? I mean, really.). CV & I flashed our IDs and our prettiest smiles, and we were soon walking through the front door triumphantly, having evaded the $10 cover.



The place was all but dead, with maybe fifteen or twenty people besides us. The bartenders were hott, the decor AMAZING, the music loud. CV and I got drinks and then bunkered down in one of the cozy banquettes.



Being the honorary white girls, it didn't take long before a dude stopped by and introduced himself. We joked around with him some, and CV even danced with him for a song. Later, when we were standing around outside waiting for our cab to take us home, we ended up talking some more to dude and his buddy. Hilarious. Tons of fun. We were having so much fun, in fact, that I forgot to watch the meter on the cab ride home. It wasn't until we were about to pay and the cabbie said "$10" that I realized he hadn't been running the meter. Damnit, we'd been fleeced! (The cab ride to the club was $6.50). At that point, it was too late to argue, so we payed the jacked up fare without comment.



CV and I definitely want to go back to The Royal sometime when there is an event with more people.



In other news, the semester is almost over. YAY!
###

No comments: