Sunday, April 29, 2007

Bonding



I've been taking care of my grandparents' place for the weekend. Friday, when I came up here, I was in a foul mood, completely unsuited for human consumption. The past week had been a torture, and I just wanted to be alone. My friend SW was coming up for the weekend as well, but not until Saturday morning. Thankfully, a night of 10 hours of sleep restored me enough that I awoke with a feeling of excitement that a fairly new friend was about to see one of the places I love dearly.



We had a fabulous time hiking around and playing with the dogs, going into town for lunch and groceries, talking about what we want to do after we make our millions and retire, the possibility of me visiting her hometown in California, when we could possibly go work on a goat farm in Chile together...her enthusiasm for embracing the uncomfortable and unfamiliar made me so glad that she had answered the craigslist ad that brought her into one of my circles of acquaintances.



Last night, we got silly over a bottle of wine and homemade brownies with vanilla ice cream, and I introduced her to my new favorite BBC America show, Robin Hood. I was pleased that she appreciated it for the same reasons I do: the Shakespearian seriousness blended with just the right touch of ridiculousness along with a heavy dose of sexy outlaw pouting. Everything I could want in an hour-long action/adventure historically based drama.
###

1 comment:

captwc said...

When are you ever suited for human consumption?

I LOVE Robin Hood! Watch him over and over. And my British friends tell me The Vicar married Sir Guy of Gisborne in the 2006 Christmas special. I need to see this!!!!